iPad/iPhone PACS Viewer
At a glance:
iPaxera is one of the fastest and easy to use PACS viewing applications specifically designed for viewing and navigating studies (DICOM images) with your iPad, iPhone, and iPod. iPaxera was the first application to provide the ability to add studies (DICOM images) from your PC/Mac, DICOM CD or flash memory directly to iPad through local synchronization via iTunes with the USB cable. This is the same as synchronizing your pictures and movies to your device (no need for Wi-Fi/3G connection or a PACS server).
iPaxera also can communicate with any PACS system via DICOM Query/Retrieve and directly interface with PaxeraView, Paxeramed's diagnostic viewing workstation.
iPaxera is the only application that permits the radiologists to retrieve their studies from local folders, PACS or PaxeraView workstation and do the diagnosis during the lunch break or vacation time and then dictate or write the report via the embedded reporting tool and send it by email or save it with the study.
iPaxera supports DICOM Cine (multi-frame) with interactive playback controls and can be very helpful in displaying cardiac cath and echo studies.
iPaxera keeps your studies locally in an interactive worklist with the ability to search it using specific search criteria. The study visual grid displays detailed study information that include name, ID, DOB, study description, study date, modality, gender, accession number, series description, series date, and number of images/series. Search criteria include searching by patient name, ID, modality type, date(All, Today, Yesterday, 2 days, 1W, 2W, 1M and 2M).
The application has an easy to use processing tools like window width and level with visual presets, distance measurement, panning, zooming, free rotation, snapshot capture and images/series fast navigation.
- Study synchronization via iTunes in DICOM format.
- Query /Retrieve DICOM studies with any PACS system.
- Reporting tool to write the report and send it via email.
- Display and navigating through images by an interactive slider.
- Zoom , pan , rotation and distance measurement through two-fingers drag and pinch.
- Changing window width / window level through single finger drag.
- Reset to default image through double tapping.
- Automatic image importing.
- Display cine (multi-frame) images.
Compatible with iPad/iPhone. Requires iOS 4.2 or later.
iPaxera has not received 510(K) clearance by the FDA yet and until then, iPaxera should only be used for non-significant risk studies.
What's New in this version:
- Voice recording report.
- Query Retrieve using DICOM compliant C-GET/C-Move protocol.
- Registration and Login screen.
- Importing .zip files with or without password.
- Uploading images anonymized to FaceBook associated with the user comments.