CareRad, a standalone app using the DICOM imaging workflow that solves a basic problem: how to give patients control over their MRI, CT, x-ray studies and the like, right from their mobile phones. CareRadMD the provider side companion app allows radiologists to communicate directly with providers and finally solves the nagging communications issue of critical results of imaging studies.
While we did move from printed film to CD and DVD, the world has moved way beyond, and, while there are expensive image management solutions, none are designed with the patient in mind, patients have no easy way to access, manage and share studies with their caregivers
CareRad is a patient-oriented app that empowers patients to control and share their images. It’s so incredibly patient friendly, on their smartphone, patients can receive and see their MRI study, and they can forward the study to another physician. Once verified by CareRad, patients can use the app to get their knee MRI from an imaging center and forward it to an orthopedic surgeon at another facility across town. The patient controls the whole transaction, including permissions for the orthopedic surgeon. the studies can be managed from a smartphone. And, its all HIPAA-compliant.
CareRadMD solves the critical-results notification issue by sending notifications that appears on the smartphone screen directing the provider to open the CareRadMD app. The app captures the delivery, the opening of the message and the response, such as “call the radiologist” or “forward to another provider”.
- Cuts cost of producing CDs / DVDs and films
- Improves patients’ satisfaction
- Runs as stand-alone solution or integrates with your current PACS
- Enables patients to consolidate their studies that had been dispersed across multiple sources
- Patients can share their studies with their caregivers
- CareRadMD HIPAA compliant critical results notification
- Available on App store and Google play